Our vision is an open and connected world of energy full of opportunities and free from complexities. By building an innovative API Marketplace, the first of its kind in the energy industry, we empower businesses to build a consumer centric and sustainable energy system. Our platform provides the digital bridge between market actors (including adjacent sectors) that enables them to efficiently build new Energy as a Service products.
With the first version of the API marketplace online, re.alto now expands into the development of specific verticals (products) by leveraging the APIs into an ecosystem while solving technical challenges like identification and device authorisation, and semi-supervised learning. Our initial focus will be B2B players active in renewable energy and home energy management systems in Germany, the UK, France, The Netherlands and Belgium. The initial focus is on integration of existing technologies for development of the platform.
To support our strong growth, we’re looking for a Tech Lead
Once here, you will: Shape our product development and lead a cross-functional development team in an environment promoting trust, collaboration and high autonomy. More specifically, we had in mind you will:
- Set up our development roadmap: Shape our development roadmap by defining a system architecture. Learn rapidly by building proof of concepts. Provide MVPs and run them. Define technologies with your team and build your development infrastructure to deploy increments continuously. Envision our technological future by observing the latest tech trends.
- Lead a dev-ops team: Further develop an inspiring, inclusive and collaborative environment, working with Product Lead, Sales and Marketing, Developers and Designers to set up and run the re.alto products, managing both technical and non-technical risks. You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team. Be involved in recruitment to help make our dev-ops team stronger. Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide entrepreneurial culture. Discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation
- Cultivate system architecture and development for our products: Establish a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers. Shepherd the team towards the Technical Vision in small increments delivered. Ensure that the system architecture satisfies the needs of all business and technical stakeholders and key system quality attributes. Manage product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt. Communicate technical topics or constraints to non-technical stakeholders in easily understandable ways. Grow architectural understanding and champion system (not just software) design within the team
- Develop both code and our developers
- Demonstrate healthy modern development practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team
- Guide the team to continually improve the software development process to speed up feedback and improve quality
- Grow our passionate developers through coaching and mentoring and finding new opportunities to learn through the continuous delivery of value.
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic re.alto entrepreneurial attitude
What You Will Bring Along
What we expect you to have: Significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages. Previous experience architecting and developing complex systems for IoT in a, Azure cloud-based environment. Experience with modern engineering practices such as clean code, TDD, refactoring. Previous experience leading an engineering/development team as a servant-leader and full English language professional proficiency. Specifically:
- Experience/certification with cloud-based services on Azure. Additional experience with other cloud-based environments is a plus.
- Have experience in Cloud (only) PaaS architectures, data architectures, API management, real-time data flows, high throughput scenarios, (enterprise integration),
- Experience in IoT, time series processing, data engineering
- Knowledge about platform-based ecosystems, their architecture and best practices is a strong asset
- A hands-on attitude
What We Hope You to Have
- A love of learning and love of helping others to learn and grow
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Have hands-on experience in: Azure (PaaS, especially data and integration), C# / .NET (backend), Angular, Azure DevOps …
What We Offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Full flexible organisation (Administrative HQ in Berlin & Brussels)
- Getting things done attitude
- Personal Development Budget
- Attractive salary package, including equity/equity-like incentive
Perks & Benefits
We’re serious about sharing in re.alto’s successes. In additional to highly competitive salaries, all employees receive an equity package in the company as part of their total compensation. We also offer, strong hot or cold brew, and seasonal wellness programming, including meditation, yoga, massages, and nutritionist sessions, at the Düsseldorf office. And snacks!
Work life balance
We’ll help you work where you need to, when you need to. Because life happens. At re.alto results matter, and we believe results are increased ten fold when our employees are happy and working in the right environment for them. Sometimes it just makes sense to work from home! We also offer every employees access to co-working spaces across the globe.
Be yourself. That’s who we’re hiring. Our culture celebrates and supports the difference that make each of us unique. It’s how we build better products for the world…and career growth for you.
Learning is built into every role here. You’ll get mentorship and take ownership.
We keep you informed
Innovation doesn’t know hierarchy. We make sure everyone is heard, considered and respected. Our monthly All Hands meetings, email newsletters, and our CEO has an open door policy are just a few of the programs we run to bring our people together and share key aspects of the business across the entire organization. Open and transparent.
We're a fun bunch!
One benefit of having amazing coworkers is enjoying each other’s company, and we make up some good excuses to have fun together. During the summer, we go on family-friendly events and activities, and our holiday parties have been known to get crazy (in the good way).
Working for a cause
Few companies have the scale, impact, and opportunity to change the environmental landscape. Join us on our mission towards an affordable and zero carbon furture!